3 Chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
3 Potatoes (large size with skin on)
7 Cups of chicken stock
1 Cinnamon stick
2 Cloves garlic, crushed
1 Teaspoon cumin
1 Teaspoon paprika
1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
1/2 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 Pinch of saffron
1 Tablespoon of olive or avocado oil
- Cube chicken into bite size pieces. Saute in a dutch oven or skillet with olive oil and minced garlic until the outside is a light golden brown.
- Dice potatoes, carrots and shallots.
- Once chicken is browned, add in the potatoes, carrots and shallots, cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, and the rest of the spices including the cinnamon stick.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes until the vegetables are tender (should be able to poke with a fork)
- Add in the olives and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Saffron can be expensive but a little goes a long way. You can usually find a slightly cheaper variation in the cultural sections of your grocery store, perhaps where the specialty Spanish food ingredients are located.
Dutch Oven: If you don’t have time to stand over the stove cooking. Saute the chicken, add in all the other ingredients except olives and throw in the oven for 30 minutes on 350. Add your olives a few minutes before serving.