- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons of chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- optional: 1 can of green chopped chiles
- Pour Chicken stock in Instant pot, lay chicken breasts in stock (they will not be covered by liquid).
- Top chicken with seasonings and chiles.
- Seal up instant pot and pressure cook for 25 minutes if chicken is thawed (35-38 if frozen) Let it naturally release for 10 minutes.
- Shred chicken in the pot with all the juices. Stir to mix all the seasonings in. Remove bay leaves and drain juice or serve with a slotted spoon so the juice doesn’t make the shell soggy.
- Serve with your taco toppings and preferred shell. If you are using corn shells I reccomend you warm them in a skillet with a little oil to soften them.
- If you have leftover chicken you can bag it in individual portions, freeze and take out as you need. My kids grab them out of the freezer and eat them for lunches.
- If you do not have an instant pot you can put the same ingredients in a slow cooker and cook for 6-8 hours. I would add an extra cup of chicken stock so it doesnt dry out.
- Serving Size: 8