When I have a large party or group of friends coming over this is a must have and goes with so many other main dishes. It feeds a lot of people and is super easy to double the recipe if you have a larger crowd. It is hard not to love the ooey gooey cheesiness of this pan of mac and cheese. I found myself searching for the perfect mac and cheese. Through lots of trial and error I have come to the conclusion that it is not about how much cheese you put it but about what kinds. The secret to this delicious dish is the variety of cheeses that make it complete. I hop over to the deli counter and order each kind in the weight I need in thin slices to help it melt easy in the pan.
It is my most requested dishes on any birthday or holiday and usually is the first dish to empty out. You could serve it as a side dish or a stand alone. It speaks to the love language of foodies and pasta lovers.
The best part of this dish is that it is made in the microwave in minutes, then you toss in the cheese and throw in the oven to give the top a nice broiled cheese cover. It is so quick and easy that it’s hard to go wrong. It will be love at first bite…Print
- 2 Cups macaroni pasta
- 2 1/2–3 Cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 Cups chicken bouillon
- 1 Teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2–3/4 Cup half and half or milk
- 1/4 Pound gouda (I prefer the one that is not smoked)
- 1/4 Pound havarti
- 1/4 Pound butterkase
- 1/2 Pound white vermont cheddar
- Place pasta, chicken bouillon, garlic powder, salt, pepper and heavy cream in a microwave safe dish preferably with a lid. I use my pampered chef dutch oven pot that is microwaveable.
- Cook for 14 minutes stirring half way through.
- Remove from microwave and add in all the cheeses except 1/2 of cheddar cheese. Stir until mixed in.
- Top with the cheddar cheese and pop it in the even for another 10-15 minutes to finish melting the cheese. If it seems like the creaminess is lacking or it is very dry pour the milk over the tip and stir it in.
- This is best served straight out of the oven. When it sits and starts to cool the cheese can thicken up too much.
- If you need to reheat add a little milk and it stir in, this will bring the creamy back to life!
- Serving Size: 10