When it has been a crazy week and you need a quick throw together meal this is a perfect fit. It is not time-consuming to make and you can change it up by adding different veggies if you have something else in your fridge. Pesto is one of the items I keep in my pantry for a variety of meals that will be a staple in many meals I cook. Whether it is throwing pesto on pasta, chicken or garlic bread it is a win in our family!
When it is summer and my basil plants are flourishing I love to make it from scratch but a jar of pesto will do when I don’t have a supply of fresh basil. It is full of flavor and very versatile in its use so don’t limit yourself to just putting it on pasta.
This dish works any time of year and heats up well if you have leftovers too! It’s as quick as 20-25 minutes to get this on the table when you are in a pinch!Print
- 3–4 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 jar of pesto
- 1/4 cup olive oil, as needed
- 2 cups potatoes, cut into large chunks (or small new potatoes)
- 1 cup fresh green beans
- 1 cup cherry tomotoes
- 1/2 large green olives with pimentos, pitted
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut up chicken into small chunks and brown in pan until outside is golden. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut up potatoes and boil for 5 min on stove top, drain and set aside.
- Wash, trim and cut green beans in half.
- Place chicken, potatoes and green beans in baking dish pour jar of pesto all over the top and stir together.
- Place in oven and bake for 15-20 min until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are soft.
- Toss in tomatoes and olives and cook for a further 5-10 min. If it looks like it is getting dry, drizzle extra olive over the dish and toss again.
- Serve on it’s own or with a salad.
- If you don’t want to use green beans you can add any veggies, if they cook fast then add them at the end of the cook time rather that when you are cooking the chicken and potatoes!
- Serving Size: 4