The leaves have begun to fall and the air is crisp and I know the seasons have changed. This means it is time to pull out the famous caramel apple dip. This is like eating a caramel apple but better! The layers of cream cheese, caramel and toffee bits is an absolute party in your mouth.
Every time I bring this to the party, people take note, make comments about how wonderful this is and I always go home with an empty plate. It’s perfect as a snack or a dessert.Print
- 8 granny smith apples
- 2–8 ounce blocks cream cheese
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 jar of caramel sauce (usually found in the ice-cream section or in produce)
- 1 bag of heath English toffee bits (Bits O’ Brickle)
- 2 cups water
- 1–2 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a bowl mix together cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Blend until cream.
- On a large platter, place cream cheese mix in a half circle shape.
- Cover with caramel sauce and top with toffee bits.
- Mix together water and lemon juice.
- Cut the granny smith apples and soak in lemon water mixture for a couple of minutes.
- Place in a strainer to drain excess liquid off (this keeps the apples from turning brown).
- Place apple slices on platter around the caramel dip.
- Serving Size: 10