My kids both have childhood favorites that they have always loved, this one is a fav for my son. I know making these muffins for him will always put a smile on His face! He even recently learned how to make them himself, but he did admit they taste way better when mom makes them. I love the smell of these muffins baking in the oven. The whole house is filled with the most amazing aroma. These muffins are great for company, great to take on the go, you can even make a batch and freeze some.
They remind me of a fresh-baked cake donut like I used to get from the bakery when I was a kid.Print
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 35
- Yield: 12 1x
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cinnamon and Sugar mix to sprinkle on top
- Cream together butter and sugar, add eggs and mix.
- Mix flour, baking powder and nutmeg together.
- Slowing add flour mixture, alternating adding the milk until all the ingredients have been blended in.
- Add vanilla to mix.
- Grease a muffin tin or add paper cupcake holders. Scoop a spoonful of batter into each tin until it is evenly distributed.
- Spoon the cinnamon & sugar mixture on top of each muffin mixture
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick comes clean out of the middle.
- Serving Size: 6