This is a party pleaser and can make a lot for a little! It is super easy and a lot of the prep can be done ahead of time so the last minute assembly is quick and easy. The color’s add to your presentation and make it easy to show off this appetizer!
If you don’t like tomatoes you can substitute green and black olives. I usually do a variety of all 3 to add a bit more diversity to the plate. The creamy garlic mix is a kiss to your mouth. It is so fun to watch guests as they bite into one for the first time. The response is usually followed by an ooh or ah!Print
- 1 baguette sliced into thin rounds (you can buy them pre-sliced)
- 1 container of cherry tomatoes
- 1 jar of green olives, optional
- 1– 8 ounce block cream cheese
- 1–1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2–3 garlic cloves, minced
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Olive oil to drizzle
- Blend cream cheese in a mixer until smooth, slowly add in heavy whipping cream and beat until the cream has thickened, then add in garlic. Refridgerate until ready to use.
- If baguette is whole slice into 1/4 inch rounds and place flat on a cookie sheet. Brush with olive oil and put in a 350 oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and put on a platter. Add a spoonful of cream cheese mix, top with a half of cherry tomato or olive. Sprinkle with fresh chopped basil and drizzle with olive oil before serving.