Any party would be proud to display these beautiful salmon rounds. They are quick and easy to assemble and look amazing! When I am cooking a big dinner or having a party with lots of moving parts, I always try and plan an appetizer that I can throw together in minutes. If I am busy cooking a meal for guests I don’t need to make the appetizer complicated. This you can have prepped ahead of time and throw together in minutes just before your guests arrive.
If you are not a lover of salmon you could certainly change it up with something else like a piece of parma ham or salami. It really is about the different colors and textures that make this sweet little appetizer so appealing!Print
- 1–4 ounce package smoked salmon
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2–3/4 cup of heavy cream
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 english cucumber
- Wash and peel stripes down the cucumber. Slice into 1/2 inch strips.
- Place cream cheese in a mixing bowl and beat until smooth, add in heavy cream slowly while continuing to whip until creamy. Add garlic and 1 teaspoon of the dill to mixture and beat until mixed in. This can be made a head of time and saved in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- When ready to assemble the bites, place cucumber on a platter. Add a small scoup of the cream cheese mixture on each cucumber. Add a small piece of salmon to the top of each one using the toothpick to hold it in to place.
- Sprinkle with the remaining dill.
- Cut lemon into small wedges and place randomnly around the plate.
- Serving Size: 6
My Amazon Picks:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.