When you are feeding a large crowd of people or on a budget, pasta is a great option. There are so many varieties and dishes that can be made. The beauty of a dish like Alfredo with chicken is that you don’t need as much meat as you would if you were serving the meat as the main course. This will allow you to cut some of the expenses from your meal budget.
Any birthday or opportunity I give my son to pick a meal, I can usually count on him to pick this one as his first choice. The rich creamy sauce is full of flavor and a beautiful smooth texture as you pour it over the pasta. If you are not eating carbs or prefer a healthier option, I will often use zucchini noodles instead of pasta.
When there is leftover sauce I love to repurpose it into a lasagna where I alternate red sauce and alfredo. This combo is delicious and it kicks a lasagna up a whole notch!Print
- 1 box fettucine noodles
- *alternative: 3 Cups of zucchini noodles
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup butter
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1– 8 ounce block of full fat cream cheese, cut into smaller squares
- 2–3 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Cover chicken with plastic wrap and pound out until the depth is even across the breast. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the garlic powder and generously salt and pepper on both sides.
- Start a pan of boiling water, add a drizzle of oil, when boiling cook noodles per box instruction. If you use zucchini noodles, you do not need to cook. The warm alfredo sauce will heat them up.
- Place chicken on a low grill for 7 minutes per side. Once cooked, remove and leave to rest while you make the sauce. Once it has rested slice the chicken into small pieces.
- In a pan add butter and garlic, saute for 2 minutes on medium heat, add in heavy cream and cream cheese. Continue to whisk until the cream cheese has melted and the cream starts to thicken. Don’t leave it unattended for long as it can quickly burn.
- Once the sauce has thickened add in 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, garlic powder and salt and pepper. Continue to whisk until the sauce is smooth and creamy. Remove from the heat and serve over pasta topped with chicken.
- Can be served with fresh parm on top if desired.
- If the sauce doesnt thicken, turn up the heat slightly but keep whisking so it doesnt burn on the bottom.
- Serving Size: 4