Fall is upon us and the love of all things pumpkin have come to the fore front of our minds. These bars are so scrumptious and moist. It’s almost as good as the original pumpkin pie! These pumpkin bars won’t last long because they are irresistible. The cream cheese frosting compliments the pumpkin cake and makes a perfect match!
With many holiday parties and family gatherings this one is always on the top of my “bring to a friend’s house” list. This is baked in a jelly roll pan (a cookie sheet with deeper edges) so it makes a big pan of bars to feed a crowd. It is the fall compliment to any meal or gathering.Print
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oil ( I use olive oil or avocado)
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup butter (softened)
- Preheat oven at 350.
- Mix together all dry ingredients, then set aside.
- Mix wet ingredients and slowly add in dry ingredients until blended together.
- Pour batter in a greased jelly roll pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- Place cream cheese and butter in a mixing box, blend until smooth, add in remaining ingredients.
- Remove cake from oven, let cool before frosting.
- Store in refrigerator
- Serving Size: 15