- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 40
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 bag of frozen hashbrowns
- 7 eggs
- 4 ounces of sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 4–5 pieces of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup shredded cheese
- 1–2 tablespoons butter/olive oil
- Place Oil/Butter in Skillet and brown hashbrowns. Cook until they are brown and nearly finished.
- Break Eggs into bowl and whisk together, season with salt and pepper.
- Spread cooked hashbrowns flat in the skillet and pour egg mixture over the top.
- Spread sausage and bacon across the top of the eggs.
- Place in a 375 oven and cook for 15-20 minutes until egg is cooked through.
- Add cheese and throw back in oven a couple more minutes to melt cheese.
- Remove and run a spatula around the bottom of pan to loosen pie, slide onto plate, cut into slices and serve.
- Serving Size: 6
I am not a breakfast casserole fan however, my mom’s egg pie was always a favorite for me growing up. She would make this every time I came home from college on my first morning back. It was the sweet comfort of home and something I looked forward to. I have carried the same tradition on with my daughter when she comes home from college.
It is a great crowd pleaser and super easy to make. You can scale up or scale down the recipe depending on how many you are feeding. It heats up well as leftovers and I never have to throw any of it out as it always gets eaten.
You can add sausage, bacon or any variety of meat and veggie you like. Our family’s favorite is adding a little sausage and bacon. If I ever have leftover sausage and bacon from a breakfast run I will crumble it and freeze it to pull out when I am making egg pie.