My favorite way to cook most vegetables and potatoes is on the grill! I love the flavor and texture that it brings to each vegetable. My grilled sweet potatoes so flavorful and a perfect compliment to chicken, steak or fish! They are not as sweet as your traditional Thanksgiving sweet potatoes.
The great thing about these potatoes is that you can prep them ahead of time and just throw them on the grill. I can’t think of a better way to eat sweet potatoes. I highly recommend this “>Sriracha Aioli with them which takes them to a whole new level!Print
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper
- Peel the sweet potatoes and slice into 1/2-3/4 inch slices.
- Place the slices in a large bowl, pour in olive oil and butter and toss.
- Add seasonings and toss again until the potatoes look evenly coated, if you like a bit more flavor you can double the spice ratios.
- Place on a medium temp grill and cook for 3-4 minutes, flip over and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until you can place a fork through them. Grill times may very depending on how your grill cooks so check on them regularly to assure they don’t burn. If the are getting charred move them up to the top shelf of your grill.
- Serve up and enjoy!
- This is an easy recipe to scale up or down depending on how many people you feed. I usually plan on a 1/2 sweet potatoe per person.
- If you don’t have a grill you can also back them in the oven on a cookie sheet at 400 for 10 min per side.
- Serving Size: 3
My Amazon Picks:
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.