There is nothing more comforting than a warm bowl of soup on a cold winter’s day! Soup is comfort when you are not feeling under the weather. This is packed full of veggies and warmth that will be the ultimate comfort food.
My favorite way to serve it is with a grilled cheese sandwich or a nice bread roll so you have something to dip in the flavorful broth. This works great on the stove top or in the crockpot for those days you need to come home to a meal ready.Print
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 jar of spaghetti sauce (I prefer the ones with less sugar)
- 1 can of white beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons of oilve oil
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 2–3 tablespoons of italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups of beef broth
- 8 ounces of bowtie pasta
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Brown hamburger and set aside.
- Saute onions, garlic, celery and carrots in olive oil for 2-3 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of italion seasoning.
- Add hamburger, spaghetti sauce, beef broth and seasonings.
- Simmer on stove top on medium heat stirring occasionly until veggies are tender.
- In the meantime, cook pasta in a pot of boiling water for 7 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Once soup is done, place a spoonful of pasta in bottom of bowl followed by soup.
- Serve with parmasan sprinkled on top.
- It is reccomended you don’t add the pasta until you are ready to eat the soup. The pasta will swell and soak up all the broth. The nice thing about doing it this way is each person can eat it with their desired amount of pasta.
- Serving Size: 6