I am a sucker for prepping food and saving time. When I do a Costco run I will buy a cheaper cut of meat which works great for these skewers. The flavoring is so colorful that it makes the steak taste fabulous. I will buy a big pack of sirloin, cut it into chunks, make a big batch of the marinade. I then divide the steak and marinade between the bags in meal size portions. This allows me to throw it in the freezer, cut, marinaded and ready to pull out easy for a quick meal prep when I need it!
If you are not freezing this and marinating the steak in advance, it works best if you give it 24 hours to absorb the marinade flavors but in a pinch, a couple of hours will work. I love serving this with my smashed potatoes recipe and a big salad or my grilled asparagus in garlic butter sauce (ADD RECIPE HERE).
I find there is something so fulfilling about grilled food – its flavors are highlighted!Print
- 1 lb of sirloin steak cut into 1 inch cubes
For the Marinade
- 3/4 cup of olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 4–5 garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1–2 tablespoons of Heinz 57
- Cut steak into 1 inch cubes, trimming off any excess fat.
- Mix all the marinade together and whisk.
- Place steak in a bag and pour marinade over the top.
- Place in the fridge for 24 hours flipping every so often (at least 2 times)
- Remove steak from bag and skewer
- Cook on a hot grill for 6-8 minutes depending on preferred meat temp. Flip half way through so it is evenly cooked on both sides.
- Remove from grill, cover with foil and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- If you are using wood skewers soak them for 6-8 hours in a water, this will help them not to burn when they are on the grill.
- Serving Size: 4