Most families have a few recipes that are special to them for a variety of reasons. My husband grew up spending the summers visiting His grandparents in California. They made many special memories including making rice krispie treats.
Even though I cook most of the things in our kitchen, when it comes to rice krispie treats; Jamie is the only who makes them. He has a way that He does not deviate from, it’s the way grandma always did it. We have given him a hard time about it but truth is, it is a really meaningful memory for him. His treats turn out perfect every time without fail because He follows His grandma’s instruction, exactly the way she did them!
When making rice krispies treats it is important to butter the pan you are going to put the treats in before you start. Once you have the rice krispie mixture you can pour them straight into the pan. Following the instructions in the recipe just like He has given will assure a successful treat – just the way grandma’s were!
40 Large Marshmallows
4 Tablespoons butter
6 Cups of Rice Krispies
- Butter a 9 x 11 baking dish and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large pan on the stove over medium heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir continuously until they have melted and are smooth and creamy
- Slowly add in the rice krispies 1 cup at a time. Continue to mix in between each cup.
- Pour mixture into the greased baking dish and lightly press down with a buttered spoon.
- Let rest 1 hour before serving.
Quick Clean Up Tip:
Once you have emptied the rice krispie mixture out of the pan into the dish fill the pot with water and return back to the heat on the stove. Cook for 5-10 minutes. This will soften all the sticky marshmallow and cause it to melt off the sides. Clean up will be a breeze!